Living life with depression is hard for you as well as for people around you. In most of the cases we found that people are not aware about the situation. It can affect anyone at any phase of life. It is a mood disorder. Person can experience it in different ways. Feeling down is Ok, but if you are feeling it on a regular basis, you could be dealing with depression.
Depression is a serious medical condition if not cured properly can harm worsen. It can happen in any stage but often begins in adulthood.
Am I having depression??
Do you have sleepless nights, you are not able to cope up with your emotions, surrounded by people but still feels lonely or don’t want to get social. Depression is different from sorrow and unhappiness. Feeling low more than two weeks, than you are depressed.
If you are not able to enjoy your life or day to day activity, than it’s high time to speak with anyone who is close to you or the one with whom you are comfortable to share your views. If you are not able to share with your closed ones than its Ok to consult for professional help.
Are you facing these symptoms?
Depression symptoms can vary from mild to severe
- Always feel to cry or get emotional without any reason
- Isolate yourself from friends and family
- Falling of productivity at work
- Change in sleep patterns or sleepless night
- Thoughts of dying or life has no meaning
- Lack of self esteem
- Change in eating patterns- overeating or loss of appetite
- Women Menstruation cycle changes
- Suicidal thoughts on a regular basis
- Tired or dizziness all the time
- Less on energy
- Setting hours in deep thought
- Don’t want to talk to anyone
- Lost pleasure in your favourite activities
- Mood swings on a much frequent basis
Not everyone with depression have same common factor, it vary from individual to individual. Sometimes you won’t be able to feel these on early stage or in some cases your friends and family observe change in your behaviour. According to research women are likely to fall in depression than men.
Why we become depress??
There are certain wounds which are not visible but hurts deep inside. It far more than feeling sad or hurt. Some life event, losing your loved ones or losing job.
Is it curable or not??
Yes, it is. It is a curable. According to APA report between 80 to 90 percent of people with depression responded well to treatment. The early treatment can be more effective.
There are a number of things people can do to remove depression by self-care or by speaking can reduce its cause in early stage. Getting enough quality sleep, healthy diet, by doing exercise it can be overcome. Speaking with someone will make you understand what you need to do and how you can deal with the situation still you won’t feel comfortable to discuss than can seek for professional help.
How Unns will help you
Several type of talk therapy or psychotherapy can help to fight depression.
- Your counsellor will deal with several type of approach like problem solving therapy, cognitive therapy, or interpersonal therapy so that it can be cure
When you are surrounded by depression, you forget all your expression. Being positive is the only key to fight with it.